Tuesday, May 17, 2011

i'm just beautiful me

Since my Mom has come home (finally) from her trip to Florida, I'm noticing that I am much more relaxed and getting into my summer-mode. Today Mom and I went on a shopping extravaganza. We were on the hunt for khaki shorts for Orientation.

Because I am going to need to wear a pair of khaki shorts Mon-Fri for 3 weeks, Mom insists that I have 5 pairs. We shopped just about every store that would possibly carry khaki shorts: Ann Taylor Loft, Nordstrom Rack, Old Navy, T.J.Maxx, American Eagle, The Limited, Express, and Macy's. I found 2 pairs of shorts that I liked (and in my size), and both were from Old Navy! I got both the 5" inseam and the bermuda shorts. Trying to keep it diverse so I don't get totally bored wearing the same thing everyday. 2 down...3 to go!

While we were looking for khaki shorts in Nordstrom Rack, we got a little sidetracked and ended up looking at the dresses. We found the perfect red dress for Alpha Phi's Red Dress Gala in September. A few ladies in the dressing room even complimented me as I was trying it on! It is so cute and classy, and I can't wait to wear it in the fall.

Tonight I drove out to Alexandria with Mike for the Regional opener for OHS BLAX. Mike is still out due to his ACL surgery (he's the stud taking stats in the picture) but I love lacrosse, so I was willing to make the 30-40 minute drive to watch what could have been the boys' last game.


I was glad that I recognized a few parents and families in the stands to sit with and talk to during the game. It was a beautiful day for lacrosse and the Cougars pulled a big win against Edison 10-7. There will be another game on Thursday against Langley, you can bet I will be there as well! Hopefully I am the Cougars' good luck charm and they can pull off a HUGE upset against Langley on Thursday...we'll see about that one.

Side-note: I am absolutely loving Selena Gomez's new song, "Who Says". I can already tell it is going to be the soundtrack of my summer. Happy Summer!

1 comment:

  1. OMG THEY BETTER WIN SO I CAN GO TO A GAME!!! love you steanbean

    ReplyDelete