Saturday, March 10, 2012

spring break vocabulary: YOLO


I can't believe Spring Break is (almost) over. It is always great to be back in Northern Virginia, but I know I speak for everyone when I say it's nice to escape to paradise for a few days. Here is a look inside how I spent me week:

On Tuesday morning around 3:30am, KZ and I left for BWI Airport to start our SB12 adventure. My Mom drove us to the airport, and despite a few setbacks and struggles that typically come with flying on my Mom's passes, we ran to our gate and made it safely on the flight to Newark. Once we arrived in Newark, we literally had 15 minutes to get from gate to gate. We knocked down a few families and couples on the way, but successfully made it onto that flight as well. We were on our way to Naples, Florida!!


We arrived at the Ft. Meyers airport around 10:30am on Tuesday morning, which meant we had our first full day of sun ahead of us! Dad (who flew down the day before) and Grandpa picked us up from the airport and we drove down to Naples. Once we arrived in the Vineyards, we immediately threw on our swimsuits and headed to the country club pool. We layed out, ate lunch on the deck, and even played mermaids with our 4 year-old friend, Sarah Savage. We definitely had to ease into our suntans...


That night we ate one of MeeMaa's home-cooked meals, a roast with mashed potatoes and string beans. And of course, watermelon for dessert! Then KZ and I walked to Publix to get a movie (Footloose) and some muffin mix to make for breakfast. It was the perfect weather for a walk! We were pretty tired from getting about 4 hours of sleep the night before, so we went to bed early in anticipation of our big day to the beach the next day!

On Wednesday, we woke up and went straight to the beach. We grabbed some towels, a cooler, a few beach chairs, and hit the road. The gulf was a little cooler than we anticipated but we splashed around a little bit regardless. We took a nice walk along the coast and explored the beautiful Naples beach.


For dinner, we went to the Vineyards Country Club Dining Room. It was as wonderful as ever! I had crab cakes and KZ had salmon. Delicious! It was so great getting to meet all of my Grandparents' friends and having a nice dinner to dress up for. After dinner, Dad took KZ and I to downtown Naples to walk around and look at the shops.


On Thursday, MeeMaa took KZ and I to the beach for round 2. We decided to go back since Dad and Grandpa were playing golf that afternoon. Plus, you can never get too much beachin' time! Later that night, Dad took KZ and I down to Tin City, which is a little village of crafty shops and restaurants. We explored the area and walked down the wharf to look at the yachts too.

It seems like our trip came and went in the blink of an eye! KZ and I shared lots of laughs in between stories and adventures. Huge shoutout to my Grandparents for letting us crash at their place for a few days.


I know we will always remember SB12. YOLO.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been to Naples, but it looks like a lot of fun. Too bad I'm not doing anything as exciting as you did for SB.

    ReplyDelete