Wednesday, January 18, 2012

wild winter wonderland


So sorry for my absence from the CAT's meow lately. With recruitment in full swing, classes starting on Tuesday, a retreat to Wilderness Adventure (aka Wild Winter Wonderland) for Orientation, and meetings galore...I have found little time to breathe, let alone sit down and blog!

However, there have been some notable (blog-worthy) things going on in my life over the past few weeks, so I will start by telling you about Wilderness Adventure.

On Sunday afternoon the Orientation Assistants, Transfer Orientation Guide Leaders, and Hokie Camp Student Directors and Exec piled into vans and road-tripped to New Castle, VA for a leadership retreat. We stayed in a beautiful cabin and did lots of team-building, goal-setting, planning, and bonding. 


Every time I do anything with New Student Programs it's like I am in an ideal world. I love the student leaders and staff I get to work with, and am so lucky to have the best "job" in the world as an OA this year!


Tonight was our first training session for OL12. I am so excited for all of the new Orientation Leaders! I can already tell we are going to have an awesome team and I can't wait to help the 24 of them prepare for the summer with my awesome OAs. The energy and passion in our training room tonight was amazing! The Class of 2016 doesn't know what's coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment