Friday, July 1, 2011

getting on track

Well, this is it. I am 99.9% packed to hit the road for Blacksburg tomorrow morning. I gathered just about every maroon and orange shirt/short/shoe/other miscellaneous VT item I own and neatly put it all in one large (orange) suitcase, several cardboard boxes, and a variety of bags.




All I have left to do now is wait. Wait for tomorrow morning to pack the car and drive down 81 all the way to Blacksburg (I have never driven to VT before...wish me luck). Wait until Sunday morning to move into Slusher Tower and see the 23 other OLs and 6 OAs I love so very much. Wait for training to start at Wilderness Adventure on the 4th of July. And wait until July 11th for the first group of freshmen from the class of 2015 to start their journey at Virginia Tech.

Let me just say, I am a-okay with waiting for it all to start. As much as I am excited and anxious to dive into Orientation training, duties, and a-day-in-the-life, part of me doesn't want it to start quite yet just so it doesn't ever have to end! I have been waiting for this time (as corny as this sounds) since I was at my very own Freshman Orientation two short years ago.


I knew that I wanted to be an OL the minute I saw all 30 of those crazy Hokies run onto the stage in Squires Colonial Ballroom, and as soon as I met my Orientation Leader, Joey O'Toole. I have so long admired Joey and my big, Anna, (who was an OL last summer), and now it is my turn to hopefully make that same impression on the incoming class of freshmen!


So off I go! Just livin' the dream of CAT. I hope to journal and blog often during my month as an Orientation Leader. So stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment