Thursday, November 4, 2010

welcome all, and happy fall!

Well, I finally did it. After months of stalking Lindsay and Sara's blogs, I decided to man up and make one of my own. So here it is...the CAT's meow. Yes, the title is a reference to cats (which for those of you who know me, KNOW i hate). CAT=Christine Alexis Terminello. Just a quick clarification. Shout out to KJ and James for spending hours upon hours helping me brainstorm ideas for the name. And shout out to Deebz for making this blog her #1 bookmarked website. You guys are the best!


Since we are well into fall festivities now (I can't believe it is already November!), I am going to list just some of the reasons why fall is probably my favorite time of the year.....


1. FOOTBALL SEASON. Specifically, Hokie Football! There's nothing like a brisk, fall day in Blacksburg cheering on the Hokies. Tonight we take on Georgia Tech at 7:30pm. It's on ESPN! The Thursday night game is always a huge deal at Lane Stadium. Bring on the cold and the rain, I'll be there the whole game. Guaranteed. 

2. THE LEAVES. Watching the leaves turn from green to MAROON and ORANGE is one of my favorite things about fall. And what better place to watch that transition than on the very campus of Virginia Tech. Hokie spirit is everywhere! Luckily, I don't have to deal with raking the leaves since I live in a townhouse owned by landlords who do all the yard work for us. So nice! However, I do wish I could make piles of leaves and just jump in them. Oh, how I miss my childhood with the younger brothers.

3. HALLOWEEN. I love dressing in costume! Even if it takes me weeks to figure out what I want to be. This year I was a housewife and a cat. Between trips to Goodwill and sketchy Halloween stores in Blacksburg, I managed to make my costumes, and only spent a grand total of $7.55! $1.05 for an apron at Goodwill, and $6.50 for cat ears and a tail from the Halloween store. SUCCESS!


4. DELICIOUS TREATS. My all time favorite fall flavor is pumpkin. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin bars, pumpkin pie...I love it all! I always treat myself to West End's and Deet's pumpkin ice cream after a hearty meal on campus. It is seriously to die for! Another one of my favorite things to bake this fall season has been Halloween funfetti cupcakes. Pretty sure I have made about 62 cupcakes with orange frosting for various occasions. Always a crowd pleaser! 

5. THE PUMPKIN PATCH. Last weekend I was lucky enough to go to Sinkland Farms, the pumpkin patch outside of Blacksburg, with some of my Alpha Phi sisters. I couldn't even remember the last time I had been to a pumpkin patch, probably back when I used to go with my grandparents who live in Illinois. It was seriously the best day. We drank hot apple cider, ate bbq sandwiches, listened to the country band, went on a hay ride, pet animals in the petting zoo (I, of course, didn't touch any), and took lots of pretty pictures. 

6. IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS TIME. I know I am probably a little ahead of myself, but I just can't wait to start listening to my Holiday playlist and put up the Christmas tree. Although I am not a HUGE fan of the cold, I love watching snow fall, sitting by the fireplace, watching Christmas movies, and being at home with my family. First thing's first though, and that is Thanksgiving. Yumm. Cheers to the holiday season being in full swing!



1 comment:

  1. Love this Christine! Welcome to the blogging world! It'll change your life :) I'll stalk you regularly as long as you continue to stalk me!

    ReplyDelete