Friday, December 16, 2011

put a [class] ring on it

Yesterday we got a phone call at home saying that a FedEx package was coming between 10am and 7pm that required a signature the following day. After I hung up the phone I assumed it was either something my Dad ordered online or a Christmas package from the Grandparents. But then I really started thinking...why would those packages require a signature? Also, it has been about 6-8 weeks since I ordered my class ring from Balfour. And that was when the Leadership Team was scheduled to receive their rings. 

So around 3:15 this afternoon the doorbell rang. Sure enough, it was the FedEx man. I ran to the door to see the package under my Mom's signature. It was addressed to Christine Terminello. I freaked! I knew it was my ring. I ripped open the box and there was a black box. So I opened the box and this is what I found...


I have never seen a ring so beautiful! Silver metal, ruby stone, and pure, real diamonds. But this ring means so much more than all that. It represents my time at Virginia Tech. All of the hard work I have done so far, and will continue to do. 



I can't wait to wear this very ring for years to come. I am so lucky to be a Hokie.

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome Christina! Beautiful photography of your ring on Hokie stone too. How artful! Your blog always makes me want to do one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful ring! It makes me want to order mine right now!

    ReplyDelete