Sunday, November 13, 2011

if i had a billion dollars...


This weekend I had the opportunity to work at the closing of The Campaign for Virginia Tech: Invent the Future. This campaign has been going on since 2003 and finally ended this year surpassing its goal of raising 1 billion dollars with $1,112,703,977. All of this money is going to new scholarships, new buildings, and other major campus improvements.

As you can probably imagine, this event was HUGE! There were about 1,200 of the university's VIPs and high-profile alumni in attendance. Some friends and I, along with hundreds of other students, put on our black vests and maroon bowties and served the 5-course dinner in a temporary structure built just for the event.


It was an evening I will never forget, and I am so glad I gave up my Saturday night to work for the closing of this campaign. Now I can say I was a part of VT history on an entirely new level!

No comments:

Post a Comment