Monday, September 26, 2011

an honor and a privilege

On Friday around 2:30pm I got a long-awaited email from Jessica Johns at New Student Programs. The email read:

"Christine, 
Every year we have the responsibility of hiring student leaders to fulfill our positions. Most recently, the New Student Programs staff was forced to make difficult decisions in the hiring of the 2012 Orientation Assistants. The candidate pool was phenomenal.
Congratulations! It is with great pleasure that I offer you one of the six 2012 Orientation Assistant positions."

I honestly don't remember being this excited to get an email since I got a similar email last November saying I was going to be an Orientation Leader. I was shaking in my room in the Alpha Phi house, pacing as I waited for my Mom to pick up the phone so I could tell her the news. It was such an amazing feeling! New Student Programs has given me such wonderful opportunities here at Virginia Tech, and I don't know how I will ever be able to thank them enough. 

I officially turned in my acceptance form to J.Jo today! I could not stop smiling just thinking of all that lies ahead. So you know what this means...another best summer of my life!! Yes, the OA experience will be a lot different than the OL experience. But I cannot wait to see what all is in store. In fact, NSP has already started the recruitment process for this summer's OLs, and I will be working an info booth tomorrow to spread more awareness of this fantastic and rewarding position. 

our first OA picture (Monica is there in spirit)

2 comments: