Tuesday, February 22, 2011

just a few updates

So I was planning on updating the CAT's meow on Monday night about Alpha Phi's Cardiac Care Day, but since BIT homework has been consuming my life I didn't get around to it.

Well, Monday was Cardiac Care Day. All the girls in Alpha Phi wore the new Alpha Phi red scarfs and gave out heart shaped lollipops around campus to raise awareness for heart disease, the number one killer of women. I'd say it was a success!! We all had a great time going up to strangers on campus and giving them heart lollis. My favorite response I got when handing a lollipop to some dude was, "Is this for free?" Why yes it is a free lollipop, I guess that made his day. Shout out to Alli Sharper, who is our amazing Director of Philanthropy, for doing such a great job with planning and executing everything on Cardiac Care Day.



Today, Elder Wheatley left the MTC and is flying out to Portugal. He is still in the air somewhere, which is so funny to think about considering his insane fear of flying! I am sure the other Elders are holding his hand. I got my last little package from him in the mail today. It had a nice letter, some pictures of him and his buddies in Utah, and a candy cane with a note that said, "Merry Early 2011 Christmas, it will be too expensive to send anything for Christmas in Portugal. Here you go!" Oh, James. I guess it will be awhile before I get another letter or any pictures of the Portugal life. I am so jealous, I am sure it's beautiful there! Safe travels. Here is a great skype throwback from like December...

No comments:

Post a Comment