Monday, February 14, 2011

happy valentines day!

As I sit here eating a delicious cinnabon that I treated myself to this Valentines Day, I am reflecting on just how blessed and lucky I am to have such a loving family and wonderful friends in my life.

During the past week leading up to Valentines Day, I have felt tons and tons of love from my family and friends. Valentines Day 2011 has definitely been one for the books. Here are just a few reasons why:

Last weekend, Lindsay and I made Funfetti Valentines Day cupcakes for the townhouse, and for our visitors throughout the week. They were so much fun to bake, and really got us into the Valentines Day spirit.


Throughout the week, I received Valentines Day care packages from both Angel and PD and Grandpa and Debbie. I have the best grandparents a girl could ever ask for!!

Angel and PD sent me treats and goodies to put together Valentines Day baggies to distribute to my roommates, sisters, and friends. They were so cute, and everyone loved them. It was so great to see the smiles on everyones faces when I handed them the baggies! Sorry for those of you who didn't get one, I only had a limited supply. But know that I love each and every one of you just the same!


Grandpa and Debbie sent me one of their infamous Popcorn Factory tins. Inside was cheddar popcorn, white cheddar popcorn, cinnamon popcorn, candy hearts, chocolates, cookies, nuts, etc. The roomies and I always love diving into the fun holiday tins!


But today, on Valentines Day, came some of the biggest surprises of all! I woke up this morning ready to tackle my ECON exam and COMM online quiz. Those were really the only things on my mind. Once I had finished those, I got home and went on facebook to look at all of the beautiful flowers and Valentines Day mobile uploads. Not complaining and whining or anything, just appreciating.

So I went outside to check the mail around 4 like I always do, and inside my little mailbox was a valentine from KZ! I truly do have the best friends in the world. She is always so thoughtful and on top of things, and I am thankful for her and the Fab4 everyday! Thank you so much KZ, I love you with all my heart.


Shortly after checking the mail, I came back inside and our doorbell rang. Megas opened the door and there was a package...for me! From Elder James Wheatley! I couldn't believe it. It feels like I just wrote about getting a package from James, probably because I just did. But he sent me another! A Valentines Day package. What a guy!! Literally made my day with his homemade valentine, cookies, heart lollipops, sweethearts, hershey kisses, and chocolates. I'm still smiling!


So I guess I have had my share of Valentines for the year! I am so thankful for all of the love I felt today. But behind all of the pink and red, flowers and chocolates, kisses and sweethearts, there is just good old EVERYDAY LOVE. Now that's the good stuff.


I hope everyone had just as fabulous of a Valentines Day as I did this year, because you all deserve it! 

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.


Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment