Tuesday, January 18, 2011

back to school

Today was the first day of my sophomore second semester. I have one word to describe how I feel about it...wahhh! Is that even a word? Oh well. Basically, it feels like I have been in school since last Saturday since I have been in Blacksburg that long. I guess Recruitment workshops, Open House round, and Philanthropy round don't count for credits. Bummer!

After a very busy weekend at the Alpha Phi house, Recruitment is now halfway over! Bittersweet. I can't wait for this weekend though. Bid Day is gonna be the BEST with all the new aphi babies!! It was really great to have Monday off (MLK day) to just sleep and get ready to go back to school. For dinner, KJ and I even met up with Alexandra and Ta at West End (unexpectedly). It was so fun! We had lots of laughs over a delicious West End meal, I missed that place. The only thing missing was the creme brulee.

Today, I woke up wayyy early for my 12:30 class. I think my internal body clock is a little confused. It is used to waking up at 5am for Recruitment. NOT okay! But it just gave me plenty of time to gather my thoughts, eat a balanced breakfast, and look sharp in my Alpha Phi letters. Around 11:30 I caught the bus to campus, and was 45 minutes early for my Leadership class. Typical! I just sat in the lobby of the building and called my Mommy while I waited for all of my PY lship buddies to arrive.

After that class, I had a 2 hr break until BIT 2406, so Megas and I went to Westy for lunch. We wanted salads, but they were out of lettuce. REALLY?! Such an inconvenience. So I settled for quiche and fruit. Not bad. Then I walked all the way to Surge, literally the farthest walk I have ever made on campus, and sat for 30 minutes outside the classroom. No one knows what I was doing at my classes so early today.

After that class, which seems like it is going to be the hardest class of my life, I went home for a little. I checked the mailbox, and got two things: Comcast bill and letter from Elder Wheatley! YAY! I walked inside 888 and read my letter, then scurried off to West End (AGAIN) to meet Ta and Morgirl for dinner. We all got salads! They must have miraculously gotten a lettuce shipment sometime between 2 and 5 today. But it was delicious! I settled for rasberry lemon cheesecake for dessert since there was still no creme brulee to be found. After dinner, I had my first SAA meeting of the semester. It was fun to see all of my fav most spirited Hokies and talk about the new adjustments to SAA!

Wow, hard to believe I did all of that in one day. I can't even believe it! I suppose my days have always been like this during the semester, but it just seems like a lot coming from winter break. Looks like I am going to have a very eventful week, month, and semester ahead of me! We will see what Spring 2011 has in store. I can hardly wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment