Sunday, August 12, 2012

my life as of late

Surprise, surprise. Summer seems to have gotten the best of me yet again! The past week or so has been so jam-packed with exciting summer activities that I have lost track of my blogging. So now I am going to attempt to catch you up.

DEEBZ AND STEAN ADVENTURES
After Deebz surprised me in Blacksburg for my birthday, we had the rest of the week to spend together in NOVA and DC. So we definitely took advantage of that week! We went into DC and took a private tour of the Capitol in our matching Romney for President tanks, went to Leesburg outlets with the whole Terminello fam, took a trip to Nationals Park for a Nats game, laid out at the pool, ate at all our favorite NOVA restaurants, watched the Olympics, and hung out with old friends.




Deebz and I both agree that this was our most spontaneous trip together yet! Not only because I had no idea she was coming, but because we sincerely had no idea what we were going to do each day and every day ended up being better than we could have imagined!

ROAD TRIP TO BETHANY BEACH
Last Monday, Ryan and I decided to road trip to Bethany Beach for the day to visit Roy and the Copans. We left super early (around 6:30am) and got there just in time for a full day on the beach. We laid and played in the sand, splashed around in the ocean, ate crepes and lots of fudge, made a delicious dinner for the whole family, and hit the road to head back to NOVA around 9:30 that night.



It was the perfect beach trip! So glad I got to spend some time with my favorites. 

FAMILY VACATION TO SEA GIRT, NJ
This past weekend my family and I spent on the Jersey Shore. We left early on Thursday and just got back tonight. There is nothing I love more than family time on the beach. Last year my family went to Maine while I was at Orientation, so I missed our summer family vacation. Safe to say I was so happy they planned this trip so I could be there!


Now my family always vacations somewhere along the Jersey Shore for the most part, but where we go is almost always different. We have been to Cape May, Ocean City, Point Pleasant, and everywhere in between. But this year we tried something new and headed to Sea Girt, NJ.


Sea Girt is a very small, quaint town surrounded by beautiful houses and landscaping. We stayed in a cottage at the Beacon House, which was just a block from the beach. It was ideal!


Right next to the Beacon House was the Parker House, which was an awesome restaurant and tavern. We went there for almost every meal! My favorite thing to get off their menu was the $10 lobster. I had it twice for lunch, and had lobster macaroni and cheese one night for dinner. Yumm!


I was so sad to leave Sea Girt this morning, but I know that this week will be exciting as I start packing and preparing to return to Blacksburg for my last year at Virginia Tech. 

No comments:

Post a Comment