Sunday, February 5, 2012

you only live once

It's been awhile since I have had a weekend to simply enjoy spending time with all of the people I love the most, my sisters and best friends. These past three days I have gotten to do just that, and it has been exactly what I needed. Here is a recap of my weekend...

Friday started off with a Meet and Greet dinner at the Phi Sig house. KJ and I went over early to help cook the spaghetti and serve it to the boys! There was a huge turnout, so we definitely felt the heat in the kitchen. After the dinner, we went back to the Alpha Phi house to get ready for our Grab-A-Date. My little and I decided last minute to change our outfits to match. Check us out!



KJ's parents came into town on Saturday to see the Clemson basketball game. We went to Cookout for lunch and then headed over to Cassell Coliseum to watch the Hokies take on the Tigers. Not to mention we had second row seats! The Hokies beat Clemson by 2 points, thank goodness!

After the basketball game, despite the fog and rain, we decided to make the trek to The Homeplace for dinner. Great decision! Cookout and Homeplace in the same day? Thanks so much to the Johnsons for adopting me into their family as they always do when they come to visit!



And today, Super Bowl Sunday! KJ, Alexandra, and I got real domestic and baked up some goodies to bring over to the Phi Sig house for their rush event. We made cinnamon-glazed almonds, homemade chex mix, and an assortment of cookies and brownies. What a game it ended up being! I was so glad that the Giants won in the end, and of course the commercials were great. I can't wait to analyze them in all of my Marketing classes!

Coming off of such an awesome, jam-packed weekend, I know I am bound to have an amazing week! Here goes nothing.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a really wonderful weekend!! Grab-a-date looked like a ton of fun, and I'm glad the Hokies got the win. Hope this week is as amazing for you!! Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete