Tuesday, October 11, 2011

weekend recap


Now that I have finished taking my two Marketing exams for the week, I finally have time to blog about my beautiful Blacksburg weekend.

Since it was Fall Break, a lot of students went home or went to visit friends at other schools. But since I always have Friday classes off, Fall Break was pretty much just like any other weekend. So I stayed in Blacksburg, and thank goodness I did!

On Friday, the Johnson's and I went to the Cascades in Pembroke, VA. We hiked two miles up to get to the waterfall, and then two miles back down. It was the perfect day for a hike! And KJ and I got to mark it off our Hokie Bucket List.



Saturday was game day in Blacksburg! The Hokies took on Miami in probably one of the most exciting VT football games I have ever witnessed. Every fan in Lane Stadium was standing and screaming for the Hokies as loud as they possibly could. I don't think there was a louder stadium in the nation on Saturday evening. Check out this video to really feel our Hokie spirit...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous Fall Break! I have tons of friends at Tech that stayed during the break just so they could go to the game! So glad it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video gave me CHILLS!! This is COLLEGE FOOTBALL!! Blacksburg is beautiful in the Fall, SOOOOO glad you are doing great Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations Christine! You won my giveaway! http://bit.ly/ndXGvf

    Just email me with your address so I can forward it on to the company :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a great time! I'm loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete