Sunday, July 29, 2012

all good things must come to an end


As I sit here in Carly's empty apartment, it is finally starting to hit me that 2OL2 has come to an end. It has been one amazing summer with some of Virginia Tech's finest student leaders and staff! I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to be both an OL last summer and an OA this summer.

Coming into 2OL2 as an OA, I really had no idea what to expect. But I would have never guessed being an OA would be as rewarding as it has been. I am going to miss my Terminions so much! But I know they aren't going far. 

Sometimes I think they did more for me than I did for them. Thank you so much for all your hard work and dedication to the Class of 2016 this summer, Terminions! But most importantly, thank you for giving me a reason to wake up every day at 5:30am with a huge smile on my face. You guys made my job so easy and so exciting!



I am also so proud of the relationship the OAs had during the past 10 months. JJo and Rick even said at the closing luncheon that there has never been a team of OAs that was more balanced or cohesive. And that came easy for the 6 of us! I have loved every minute of working with Carly, Monica, Tommy, Sean, and Terrence. Although they are all going off to do bigger and better things next year, I know none of us will ever forget our two summers with Orientation together!


Thank you, New Student Programs! For shaping me into the person, student, and leader I am today. It has been one heck of a ride!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with the CAT's Meow hahaha nice job keeping it up, and I'm glad 20L2 was a success :)

    ReplyDelete